Underdogs

edited May 2011 in Underdogs
There was a discussion about “championing the underdog”: What overleaves do this? Is it a need to win? Is it driven by Self- deprecation? Is it some sort of projection? What overleaves account for one standing up for what one perceives to be an underdog?

IN THE FIRST PLACE, MOST UNDERDOGS ARE MARTYRS. MANY OF THEM [are] ALSO IN REJECTION; THEY SIMPLY CANNOT WIN. THOSE WHO CHAMPION THEM NORMALLY HAVE AS THEIR STRONGEST OVERLEAF ACCEPTANCE, OR IT IS A PROJECTION OF THEIR OWN MARTYRDOM. SOME SIMPLY SEEK TO AVOID WHAT THEY PERCEIVE TO BE THE TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF A “GROUP TROUNCE”. THE LATTER SOULS ARE USUALLY IN ACCEPTANCE, AND FORESEE ALL SORTS OF DIRE CONSEQUENCES TO THAT PROCEDURE AND MUST “SPARE” THE VICTIM.

YOU SEE, THE MARTYR SAYS TO THE WORLD, “JUST LOOK AT THE ENORMOUS CROSS I BEAR”. HE DOES NOT WISH YOUR HELP, ONLY YOUR ADMIRATION. THE SOUL IN REJECTION IS AT THE SAME TIME SAYING, “I WILL MAKE YOU REJECT ME NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO ACCEPT ME, FOR MY PAIN IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR PLEASURE”. CAN’T YOU SEE THE DYNAMICS HERE? BY THE WAY, THE HUMAN SOUL IS NOT A FRAGILE ITEM.