Esoteric Schools and Mental Illness

edited October 15 in Health
It seems to me that the dropout rate due to mental illness in esoteric schools is high. If we are to “spread the word”, we have to be mentally healthy. It seems if we were conscious, we could spread the word better then if we were asleep. I do not feel that I can help others until all my Centers are working correctly. My question is: Is there some advanced therapy that would enable a person to reach this state of awareness without going psychotic? 

OF COURSE, ONE MUST REALIZE THAT SPIRITUALLY- ORIENTED GROUPS OF PERSONS, WHERE ACCEPTANCE IS THE CARDINAL RULE, WILL ATTRACT MANY LONELY, MALADJUSTED PERSONS SEARCHING FOR REAFFIRMATION OF THEIR HUMANNESS, AND THESE PERSONS WILL NOT BE HELPED TO GROW SPIRITUALLY, BUT WILL BASK IN THE WARMTH OF THE ACCEPTANCE FOR A TIME, AND THOSE TRULY ON THE PATH WILL STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE SICKNESS. THIS PHENOMENON IS CERTAINLY NOT UNUSUAL. IT IS ONLY THAT THESE GROUPS ARE FOUNDED UPON THE PRINCIPLES OF LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE, AND OFTEN THE MEMBERS FAIL TO CONFRONT EVEN THE MOST OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR IN THESE SPIRITUAL INTERLOPERS. WHAT IS APPARENT HERE IS THAT THESE PERSONS ARE NOT GOING TOWARD GROWTH AT ALL, AND ARE IN FACT ACTING AS BALLAST, AND MAKING THE PATH MORE DIFFICULT FOR OTHERS. THE THERAPEUTIC APPROACH MUST, YES, BE INDIVIDUALIZED TO CONFORM WITH THE ABNORMAL HABIT PRESENT. FIRST YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DIFFERENTIATE WHAT IS GOING ON. FOR INSTANCE, IS THE PERSON HAVING A NORMAL REACTION TO AN ABNORMAL SITUATION, OR AN ABNORMAL REACTION? THESE REQUIRE RADICALLY DIFFERENT THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES, AND THE RATE OF “CURE” IS HIGHER IN THE FORMER, CERTAINLY, THAN IN THE LATTER. 

It seems to me that a person on the path should not be lashing back at “sick people”. Is Michael inferring that we confront these obnoxious people? 

BY THE THERAPEUTIC APPROACH, WE SPEAK OF THAT METHOD BY WHICH THE PERSON BECOMES STRIPPED OF THE TOUGH OUTER FIBERS OF THE FALSE PERSONALITY, AND BECOMES VULNERABLE TO OTHER DEMANDS OF ESSENCE. IT IS TRUE THIS PERSONALITY CANNOT LOVE. ONLY THE ESSENCE IS CAPABLE OF LOVING, AND ONLY WHEN ITS DEMANDS ARE MET WILL YOU LOVE. WE HAVE SUGGESTED TO YOU THAT THE WAY TO ACHIEVE THIS IS THROUGH GIVING UP THE PERSONALITY’S EXPECTATIONS OF THE EXPERIENCE — AND YOU ARE YET SCORNFUL OF THIS TRUTH. YET, IT GOES FAR DEEPER THAN THIS. WHEN YOU STRIP DOWN TO THE OLD SOUL’S PERCEPTIONS OF OTHERS — THAT IS, AS A PART OF SOMETHING: AND MAKE NOTE OF THAT “A PART” — ONLY A MINUTE PART OF SOMETHING GREATER WHICH INCLUDES SELF. ONLY WHEN YOU BECOME WILLING TO PART WITH YOUR ULTRA-PRECIOUS IDENTIFICATION [with personality] WILL YOU GLIMPSE THE TRUTH IN THIS. 

SOURCE: Michael Teachings Transcripts
Tagged: