Various Comments On Karma

edited May 2013 in Karma
Can karma be carried out for a long time?

YOU CAN CARRY IT ON FROM NOW UNTIL ETERNITY. THAT IS UP TO YOU.

Do you have to work out karma with the person actually present?

YES.

I understand that a person need not be present in order to acknowledge karma.

THAT IS VALID, BUT THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT MUST BE IN [physical] LIFE.

Do we have to know with whom we have karmic ribbons?

SOME OF YOU PERSIST IN OLD PATTERNS DESPITE THE FACT THAT MAJOR OVERLEAVES WERE CHOSEN TO BURN RIBBONS THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED. STUDYING YOUR TOTAL PICTURE SHOULD ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHERE THE PERSISTENCE IS COMING FROM: THOSE IN PARTICULAR WITH STUBBORNNESS AND PRIDE [arrogance] AS CHIEF FEATURES; ALSO, THOSE WITH REJECTION GOALS AND REPRESSION MODES.

Does essence force false personality to work off karma?

NO. IT IS MERELY THAT THE ESSENCE ACKNOWLEDGES THE DEBT. OF COURSE, MOST KARMIC RIBBONS ARE INCURRED BY FALSE PERSONALITY. REMEMBER NOW, ALL OF YOU, THAT ALL OF THE MYRIAD LITTLE INTERPERSONAL CRISES YOU WEATHER IN A GIVEN LIFETIME ARE NOT [karmic] RIBBONS.

What makes a karmic ribbon?

DELIBERATE ACTION: POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, OF COURSE.

What is the criteria whether a ribbon is formed or not?

IF YOU COMMUNICATED ALL OF YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THE OTHER SOUL UNDERSTOOD ALL THE OPTIONS AND TOOK ACTION ON THAT BASIS, THEN A RIBBON PROBABLY EXISTS. MOST INTERPERSONAL CRISES REVOLVE AROUND UNFULFILLED EXPECTATIONS AND DO NOT INVOLVE KARMA OF A SUBSTANTIAL SORT. NEGLECT OF VERY YOUNG CHILDREN CONSTITUTES KARMA. BREAKING ENGAGEMENTS DOES NOT.

I would like instances in my personal life.

LATER. WE WISH TO CLARIFY THIS FURTHER IN A BROADER SORT FOR EVERYONE’S BENEFIT. HOSTILE ACTIONS SUCH AS MURDER, ARMED ROBBERY, KIDNAPPING, ABANDONMENT, EMBEZZLEMENT OF LARGE SUMS OF MONEY, LEAVING OTHER SOULS DESTITUTE, ALL INCUR DEBTS THAT MUST BE PAID. HUMANITARIAN ACTS, GREAT COURAGE IN THE FACE OF OVERWHELMING ADVERSITY, ACTS OF PUBLIC ALTRUISM, ALL INCUR KARMA OF A POSITIVE SORT. THIS CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS A MAN HELPING ANOTHER TO START A SMALL BUSINESS TO A MILLIONAIRE GIVING HIS ENTIRE FORTUNE TO A RESEARCH ORGANIZATION. FITS OF PIQUE DO NOT INCUR KARMA. YOU CAN YELL AND SCREAM YOURSELF BLUE IN THE FACE AND NOT INCUR KARMA. YOU CAN HAVE THE NASTIEST TEMPER ON THE PLANET AND STILL NOT INCUR KARMA, UNLESS YOU HURT SOMEONE IN YOUR RAGES. EMOTIONAL PAIN IS SELF INFLICTED AND INCURS NO KARMA.

Do you need to acknowledge all karma before you can become conscious?

THAT IS VALID. THERE ARE ALSO WHAT WE WILL CALL FOR THE MOMENT “SEQUENCES” THAT LINK SOULS TOGETHER LIFE AFTER LIFE AND ARE NOT TRUE KARMIC RIBBONS. IN THESE SEQUENCES SOULS AGREE TO PLAY OUT CERTAIN SCENES TOGETHER, AGAIN REVERSING THE GOALS AND COMPLETING MONADS. MANY OF YOU ARE IN SEQUENCES WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP, BUT THERE ARE NO KARMIC RIBBONS BETWEEN YOU.

Can karma be worked out when the other party to the ribbon is not around?

IT IS DOUBTFUL THAT ANYONE NOT ON THE (spiritual) PATH WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS.

If I have a falling out with someone and can see and can accept the reality and forgive him but he does not accept me, is there karma still there?

THEN THE COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN INCOMPLETE AND YOU MAY STILL FIND YOURSELF FACING THE BUSINESS END OF A SHOTGUN. ONE NEEDS ONLY TO BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A RIBBON, BUT FOR FULL UNDERSTANDING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT, BOTH MUST KNOW.

Sometimes when I meet someone for the first time there is a closeness: is there karma there?

SOMETIMES THESE ARE SEQUENCES, SOMETIMES POSITIVE KARMA.

Does a person’s altruistic acts produce karmic debts to those involved? Could you comment on [the publisher and philanthropist] William Randolph Hearst?

THIS MAN IS PAYING DEBTS INCURRED IN THIS LIFETIME. HE IS PAYING THEM RIGHT AND LEFT.

When it is a positive gift, is the recipient in debt?

SOMETIMES.

It would seem it would have to do with your motivations for giving away, like Albert Schweitzer; seems he’s in a good place.

HE PAID MANY [karmic debts].

Comment: Some of the poor people would not accept the food even if given away. I wonder about those who steal food when they are starving?

STEALING FOOD WHEN YOU ARE STARVING IS NOT KARMA.

SOURCE: Michael Teachings Transcripts