Various Comments About Music

edited May 2013 in Music
Music seems a good way to get into the higher Centers without creating ribbons [like you can with sex]. Can Michael hear our music? I wonder what he thinks of Bach. Does he have many-fold music “up there”?

WE LIKE VILLALOBOS AND MANY OTHERS OF YOUR CONTEMPORARY COMPOSERS. WE ESPECIALLY LIKE THE RITE OF SPRING, AND FEEL THAT THIS CAN BE USED AS A CONSCIOUS[ness] RAISING TOOL. WE LIKE PERCUSSION-HEAVY COMPOSITIONS. YES, SOME OTHER WORLDS DO HAVE LOVELY MUSIC. MOST OF THE MUSIC ON SOLEAL’S WORLD IS PERCUSSION-CENTERED, MANY STRINGS BUT NONE LIGHT LIKE THE VIOLIN. MANY OTHER WORLDS HAVE MOSTLY INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS THE LYRE. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SOUNDS WE HAVE HEARD LATELY WERE PRODUCED ELECTRONICALLY. THIS IS NOT UNUSUAL, BUT YOUR WORLD IS NOT THERE, YET. INCIDENTALLY, THE LAST FRAGMENT OF THIS ENTITY PRECEDED BACH BY A FEW CENTURIES.

Opera seems the highest form of musical expression. I’m wondering if Michael thinks highly of Wagner, Puccini, Ravel Has he ever heard The Balinese Monkey Chant?

OPERA IS ALSO ONE OF THE MOST ANCIENT FORMS OF MUSICAL EXPRESSION. PEOPLE SANG LONG BEFORE THEY PLAYED INSTRUMENTS. THE ISLAND SAGA[s] WERE ORIGINALLY SUNG. THESE OPERAS WERE LATER WRITTEN BY REINCARNATED FRAGMENTS OF A VIKING PRINCE. YES, WE LIKE WAGNER, WRITING THE OPERA IS A GIFT OF HIGHER EXPRESSION, YES, THE LIBRETTO, IF YOU PREFER. A FRAGMENT OF THIS ENTITY ONCE SANG OPERA.

Is current rock and what not an aberration? Is it soul music or what?

IT IS AS VALID AN EXPRESSION AS ANY OTHER MUSICAL FORM. ONE OF THE THINGS IT EXPRESSES IS TRANSITION. YOU WILL FIND TRANSITION HARMONICS AT THE CLOSE OF ALL THE CYCLES.

I would like to have a comment on how I felt after hearing The Most Happy Fella. I had the feeling that the main character was Christ-like and experiencing agape. It is a light, not heavy, musical.

YOU CAN REACH HIGHER EMOTIONS THROUGH MUSIC, AND CERTAIN RECURRING THEMES PRODUCE THIS MORE RAPIDLY THAN OTHERS.

Are there musical instruments on the astral plane.

NO. ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC WITHOUT THE CRUTCH [of musical instruments] ON THE ASTRAL PLAN. IT IS THERE.

Is music a useful route?

MUSIC IS A ROUTE FOR SOME, ESPECIALLY FOR EMOTIONALLY CENTERED SOULS, OR THOSE TRAPPED IN EMOTIONAL PARTS OF THE OTHER CENTERS. ONLY IF YOU CAN ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL THE MUSIC CAN IT BE A TOOL. AS SOON AS YOU START ANALYZING, IT LOSES ITS FORCE AND BECOMES ANOTHER HEAD TRIP.

I listen to [the music of the German composer] Wagner and have a high. Where does this come from?

VERY HIGH INFLUENCES SUCH AS THIS CAN PREPARE YOU FOR TRANSIENT HIGHER STATES. THESE CAN BE EXPERIENCED IN THE MOMENT AND PERCEIVED AS GREAT, OVERWHELMING JOY. THIS IS FINE, BUT SHOULD BE EXPERIENCED WHEN THEY HAPPEN AND NOT SOUGHT TO THE EXCLUSION OF WORK WITH [balancing] LOWER CENTERS [Moving, Emotional, Intellectual].

A comment was made by someone that the distractions of the physical plane were what he enjoyed most!

IF THEY ARE PLEASANT FOR YOU, THEY ARE PROBABLY NOT DISTRACTIONS. BY DISTRACTIONS, WE MEAN THOSE CONSIDERATIONS THAT YOU DAILY MAKE THAT KEEP YOU FROM TACKLING THOSE TASKS YOU WOULD PERFORM FROM ESSENCE. READING GREAT LITERATURE, WRITING POETRY AND PROSE, LISTENING TO SERIOUSLY CONCEIVED MUSIC, ARE NOT DISTRACTIONS. DWELLING ON INJUSTICES, PLOTTING REVENGE, AND DESIGNING YOUR LIFE ARE.

Why do I have an affinity with Mozart?

YOU ADMIRED HIS PRECISION. THIS WAS A MID CYCLE MATURE ARTISAN IN THE INTELLECTUAL PART OF MOVING CENTER, YES, IN THE PASSION MODE, IN ARROGANCE AND DOMINANCE, AN IDEALIST.

What does our music taste tell us?

MANY OF YOU WERE ALIVE AT THE TIME THAT A MAJOR SCHOOL WAS INTRODUCED, AND THIS IS A PART OF YOUR OVERALL ENCRUSTATION NOW. OTHERS ARE FOR MORE ECLECTIC REASONS ATTRACTED TO VARIOUS COMPOSERS. FOR INSTANCE, PEOPLE WITH HEARING PROBLEMS GRAVITATE TOWARD LOUD, IMPERATIVE MUSIC, ETC.

What major school of music do you refer to?

BAROQUE, FOR INSTANCE.

SOURCE: Michael Teachings Transcripts